The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Templates and layers

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
emk Posted - 09/23/2005 : 07:24:30 AM
Origin Version 7sp4 Operating System XPsp2
I am trying to create a template, where data columns are plotted on different layers arranged say as 2x2 matrix. When each layer contains only one dataset plotted as line all is OK. If I try to plot 2 datasets on one of layers (two line plots) and create a template, there is an error: When trying to do plot/template, the two plots are not shown on the layer intended, but in a rather random way on some other layer.
I must do something wrong, this must work in Origin. Anybody able to point what's the matter?

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
emk Posted - 09/23/2005 : 10:59:40 AM
Mike, thanks for the info!
I haven't used templates so much. I wondered how much information on the data location the template would contain, and now you stated that the information is very limited. This is just what I was afraid of. I found that even the same worksheet that was used when the template was created does not reproduce the plot when the data is replotted with the template. Some data is plotted, however, and I was trying to figure out, what and how.

Mike Posted - 09/23/2005 : 10:08:36 AM
Hi emk,

It isn't entirely clear to me how you are approaching this. It is certainly true that you can create a 4 panel (2 x 2) graph template that saves considerable information about how the data plots should appear, but the template has a very limited ability to "know" which data sets should be contained in which layers -- unless of course, you have created and saved a LabTalk script with the template (using the Worksheet Script dialog box).

With Origin 7, I guess I would call for my template and then add the data to the layer using the Layer Contents dialog box (to open this, double click on the small, gray layer icons in the upper left corner of the graph template). If you are doing something where you are routinely adding columns of data to the template in the same fashion, I would consider writing (or getting help writing) a script to speed things along.

I hope this helps.

Mike
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000