The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Contour Plots in 3D Phase Diagram

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cheyenne Posted - 09/29/2005 : 10:29:03 AM
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 7.5
Operating System: Windows XP

Dear all,

I am about to finish writing up my PhD thesis but I need desperately a last graph. I have a series of contour plots in a 2D phase diagram (Temperature (T) and Magnetic field (B) as XY and Magnetoresistance (MR) as Z).
Now here it comes my problem: I have a 2D contour plot for a series of different pressures (p), and it is important for me to put all these slides/contour plots together in a 3D T-B-p, in this way it would possible to see how the contour plots evolve on the pressure (p) axis.
This would already be a great achievement, but even better it would be if there is a way in Origin to draw a full 3D phase diagram starting from the discrete number of countour/slides plots. More or less a 3D version of the interpolation that the matrix conversion does from an XYZ worksheet.

Thank you very much indeed. If you manage to help me to get these plots done I swear I will put you in the acknowledgments section of my thesis.

Thanks once again
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
easwar Posted - 09/29/2005 : 2:12:34 PM
Hi,

We currently do not support making the 3D phase diagram.

However, for now, if you do not have too many contour plots to show as a stack, you could do the following trick:

1> Create a 3D surface plot, and turn on contour projection, and then turn off every thing else in the plot, so it looks like this:

2> Duplicate the graph as many times as needed, and move in the other matrices for your other contour plots. So for example, I did two more and ended up with three such graphs

3> Do an Edit->Merge all Graphs and ask for a 1rowx1col arrangement, thus basically overlaying all graphs as overlayed layers in one new graph

4> Move the layers vertically to separate from each other. You can hide a layer by right-clicking on the layer icon to make it easy to grab another one for example.

You can then change the page dimension/height to be larger etc to accommodate the plots. You can also further tilt each one differently, and then add annotation for each plane etc, such as in this example below where I combined three such graphs with formulae that changed from one to another:

No need to credit me in your thesis if you use this. Wish you the best of luck and hope this works for you.

Easwar
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000