The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 initial half wide estimate

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kr5z Posted - 10/04/2005 : 5:28:32 PM
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 7.5 demo version
Operating System:win xp

Hi, I am trying out the demo version and wanted to find out if my currents have a multi-gaussian distribution. The software asks me for the initial half width estimate. How do I make an estimate? Please let me know. Thanks a lot.

karthik
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kr5z Posted - 10/05/2005 : 10:24:25 AM
the guesstimate happend this time. i guess that there might have been some non-specific problem or a bug,.. thanks.
kr5z Posted - 10/05/2005 : 10:16:57 AM
Hi Easwar

That guesstimate does not come and instead there is a space where it asks the user to enter the initial half width. Any idea why??? thanks.
karthik
easwar Posted - 10/05/2005 : 10:08:20 AM
Hi karthik,

I presume you are using the menu item Analysis->Fit Multipeaks->Gaussian... when a graph is active? That menu item prompts you to specify number of peaks and it then comes up with a guesstimate on the half width. You should see a number in that dialog? Typically you can accept that default value and then click where you think the peak centers are. The iterative fitting procedure should then converge and provide you with a fit where the width values and other parameters are varied to fit the data best.

Once you have fit from the menu, you can always open the NLSF Advanced Fitting tool to have finer control over your fit. Just press CTRL-Y yo bring up the fitter. In the fitter you could then change parameter values, fix some parameters, specify bounds and constraints etc. to better control the fit.

Easwar
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000