The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 create matrix for 3d contour plots

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ipc2uka Posted - 10/21/2005 : 10:01:16 AM
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 7 SR 4
Operating System: WinXP

I suppose I have a rather frequent problem: my measured data consists of several single spectra (equidistant spaced x values 1..2000) with a non-regular spaced parameter (e.g. something like -200,-100,-50,0,50,100,200,400,600,1200,2000,5000,10000 -- about 30 data sets in total). The data is now transformed to a X/Y/Z three column form and I want to create a matrix in order to get the contour plot. But whenever using the ConvertToMatrix/RandomXYZ tool, the result is really unsatisfactory. Either the contour plot consists of squares, everything is flat, and so on. How can I find better parameters for the existing transformation procedures or even completely different transformation routines, in order to create the matrix? And is there more routines implemented in Origin 7.5?

Thank you for your help!

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ipc2uka Posted - 10/22/2005 : 3:06:18 PM
Thanks for your answer.
I think I will play around some more with the different conversion routines, and if i keep on failing to convert, i would gladly receive your help with my data sets..

Have a nice weekend.
easwar Posted - 10/21/2005 : 11:54:23 AM
Hi,

The conversion routines for random XYZ are the same in 7 and 7.5 versions. Did you try the NAG conversion methods of Renka-Cline or Shepard? There are five methods including the NAG method - none worked for you?

Also, you could try the Sparse conversion (because your data is mostly regular and some parameter values are simply missing). In the dialog you can specify the x, y start/end and spacing. Those grid positions that have no value in the data will be left as missing values. You could then replace the missing values with zeroes (for example, if appropriate to do so), and then make the contour plot.

If none of this works, please send your data to tech support so we could try.

Thanks,

Easwar

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000