The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Polar graphs - plot [0,180]

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rmblab Posted - 11/24/2005 : 3:14:04 PM
Origin Version : Pro 7.0 SR4
Operating System: 2k

Hi *

I want to make a polar graph with x-values between 0 and 180. This is easy to do (using the set angular range button) but then, I want to show only the y-axis for the two first quadrants, that correspond to the x-interval [0,180].
What I do, is to select with the mouse the other half-portion of the y-axis directly on the polar graph produced (that corresponds to quadrants 3 and 4, which I do not want to be displayed) and delete it, as well as the corresponding tick labels. And that's fine, but when I print or export the page, what I get is a semi-circunference [0,180] with an y-axis ranging the 4 quadrants, and the graph plot returns to a semi-circunference aspect with the y-axis and tick labels displayed for a circunference.

Any hint on how to do this?
Best regards,
Nuno

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rmblab Posted - 12/03/2005 : 12:04:29 PM
Hi Frederick

Thanks. It works just fine.
Best regards,
Nuno

fzimnoch Posted - 11/30/2005 : 3:08:18 PM
Hi RmBlab

I assume what you are trying to do is simply plot/print the top half of the polar plot or quads 1&2. For x values 180 simply change Set Angular Range button to 180 degrees from 360.

The Radius/Y-axis is composed of two parts. The top is the Left Axis while the lower is the Right Axis in the Y-Axis Layer dialog box. You can "delete" the lower half of the Y-Axis by changing color to WHITE for TickLabels and Title&Format. The lower Y-Axis will be "deleted" for viewing and C&P but you must check "Enable Color as Gray Scale" in the File/Print dialog box to "delete" it from printed output.

Hope this helps.

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000