The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Questionnaire analysis

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
joergsaxler Posted - 12/13/2005 : 05:40:46 AM
I am performing an analysis based on a questionnaire containing about 20 questions. When the questionnaire is sent out to possible participants, now and then a filled out questionnaire arrives. The results of the questions are then out into an Excel file (rows and columns with numbers). Is it possible to use Origin in such a way that when the Origin file is opened the Excel files are read out in otder to update the Origin file automatically (if a new questionnaire has returned in the meantime), including graphs?
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
easwar Posted - 12/13/2005 : 1:04:52 PM
Hi,

You can simply open the external XLS file in Origin, then make plots, and then save the OPJ. Later if the XLS file is updated externally and then the OPJ is opened, the plots will update with new data (can set axes to rescale automatically to show new range etc). Please see the "Working with Excel in Origin" chapter of the Origin help file.

I also want to point out that the latest version can function as Automation (COM) server and so if there is more complex analysis etc of the data involved, you could write VB macros in Excel to launch Origin, push the (new) data in, and have Origin make/update plots, perform specific computation on the data etc. You can see examples of this in the \Samples\Automation Server\Excel subfolder.

Easwar
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000