The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 3d graph

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nbo10 Posted - 12/15/2005 : 1:03:12 PM
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 7.5
Operating System:xp

I need to make a simple 3d graph. The 3d scatter 2 project is the type of plot that I need, but the data format is different.

I have (x,y) data sets at different temperature. I want to put all the 2d scatter plots into a 3d graph with temperature as one of the axis. how do I do this? Thanks.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nbo10 Posted - 12/15/2005 : 3:51:38 PM
Ok, if I bring up the plot setup and then click around a few times it will allow me to add a 3D line. When I first bring up plot setup, 3D line is not there.
nbo10 Posted - 12/15/2005 : 3:42:27 PM
I can't add a second Z, it adds a 3D wall type. I have the data in xyzxyzxyz format.
easwar Posted - 12/15/2005 : 2:01:22 PM
Hi,

Is this along the lines of what you are looking for? If not, please contact tech support directly with your data and a description of what you want.

Easwar
OriginLab

How this graph was made:

1> As you can see, I organized the (x,y) data in separate worksheets and added a third Z column that has a constant value of the temperature for each (x,y) set. The data I chose is just some random data. Also you do not have to organize in separate sheets, can have then all in one sheet with cols set to XYZXYZXYZ etc
2> I then plotted one Z column by selecting the column and then the menu item Plot->3D XYZ->3D Scatter
3> I then opened the layer dialog (ALT-double-click on the layer icon at top left of graph) and move in the other Z datasets and then rescaled the graph to show all
4> Brought up the Plot Details dialog and then expanded the tree on the left to show the branch "Original" (which should be checked) under each layer
5> Then on the right half of the dialog I chose Symbol tab and set the Edge Color to use Color Mapping on the corresponding Z value column for the (x,y) data
6> Clicked on Color Map tab and set the Fill Color to vary from Red to Blue with other colors in mix
7> Then set the Levels to range from 2.5 to 17.5 with Interval set to 5 (my z values were 5, 10 and 15)
8> Did some other cosmetic changes such as drop-line parallel to X and picking a better symbol type etc
9> Repeated the same exact color map and levels and color setting for all the plots in the layer
10> Closed Plot Details and then added a Color Map scale to graph using the Graph->New Color Scale menu item

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000