The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 ask for help about NSLF

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
zjsmcl Posted - 01/13/2006 : 12:36:59 PM
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin):
when I use the NSLF to fitting the data, How to evaluate the Chi-sqr value.the less, the better? or is there any assess standard?just like the R-sqr,closer to 1,is the better?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
easwar Posted - 01/14/2006 : 11:37:22 AM
Hi,

If you want to compare two models to one dataset, there are statistical tests such as F-Test and AIC to do that. You could try this free tool from our File Exchange area:
http://www.originlab.com/FileExchange/details.aspx?fid=64

If on the other hand you want to compare fits to two datasets using one fitting function, you can use the Fit Comparison tool in Origin.

Easwar
Originlab

zjsmcl Posted - 01/13/2006 : 6:26:43 PM
Thank you very much.
The question is,when I invoke different model to fit the data, after many iteration,the fitting curve simulate the data very good.at least looks very good.Can I draw a conclusion that this result is better than that one because its Chi-sqr is lower than that one and R sqr is higher than that one? or how to interpret the better?the two models' fitting cureve all look very good, only a small differences between the chi-sqr and r-sqr.
easwar Posted - 01/13/2006 : 3:36:36 PM
Hi,

What the iterative procedure in the fitter does is to minimize the chi-sqr value. The chi-sqr reported is the reduced chi-sqr, which is chi-sqr divided by number of degrees of freedom. You can review formula and further details in the help files.

The NLSF also computes and reports R^2. While fitting, you can simply go to script window and type
nlsf.cod=
to get the R^2 value.

At the end of the fit, you can go to the Action->Results menu in NLSF and click on PArameter Worksheet button to get a worksheet with all fit statistics.

Easwar
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000