The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 adding data in box charts

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
shrivastava Posted - 01/15/2006 : 2:15:34 PM
Origin Version : 7
Operating System: Windows Xp

Hi

I plot a box chart in Origin with the defalult box and whisker configurations. Could someone please tell me how I can show a single selected data point for each box on the box chart?

I am trying to show a range of data through the box plot. But I also need to show where data from say a single experiment falls on the box chart in relation to the range represented by the box and whiskers!!

I am aware of the box+data option on the plot details dialog box, but that shows all data points, for each box, whereas I want to show a single selected point on each box plot.

Hope this is clear.

Please respond asap.

thanks
manish
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hideo Fujii Posted - 01/16/2006 : 3:17:49 PM
Hi manish,

Though might not be the simplest way, you can try the following way to make a 2-layer graph with your box chart and a scatter graph of the specific points of the groups:

1) Create a new worksheet (say with A(X) and B(Y), and put row#'s in A, and points' data you want to plot in B(Y).
2) Create a scatter graph from this worksheet.
3) Verify the X and Y scale ranges of your box chart. (by double-clicking its axis).
4) Set the scale range of the scatter graph same to the box chart's.
5) Merge the box chart and the scatter graph into a graph in 1-by-1 arrangement. (Edit:Merge All Graph Windows menu)
6) Remove unnecessaey axis labels, etc.

You can get a 2-layer graph like below:

Hope this solves your situation.

--Hideo
OriginLab

P.S. My colleague has suggested the following method which can avoid the merging and adjusting operations:

1> add a linked right-y layer to original box plot layer
This then takes care of x being same scale because it is linked
2> go to layer 2 properties and link the Y 1 to 1 with Y of layer 1 - that will then take care of y being same
3> then move in the data you want to plot and set symbol type etc

Edited by - Hideo Fujii on 01/16/2006 4:26:02 PM

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000