The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Initializing parameters

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
gawab Posted - 01/24/2006 : 5:37:06 PM
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 7
Operating System: win XP
Mr. Buess, Thanks for your help last time. I have one more question.
As per my previous question, I have x and y values for which I am trying to find a curve. The equation for the curve is y=abs(So*(1-2*exp(-x/T1)))+S1 (user-defined function) where So,T1, and S1 are my 3 parameters. Problem is, I am having problems initializing these parameters. When I use "simulate" I can only type in random numbers for these parameters that don't make a curve that approaches my data. What I want is for the system to vary these parameters simultaneously between the upper and lower limits (say, 0 and 5000) so that I get a good fit. What is a way I can get the system to return these numbers so that they approximate my data? Please be as detailed as possible as I am a new user of this program. Thanks,Li
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
minimax Posted - 01/25/2006 : 01:38:49 AM
Hi Li,

Origin provides automatic parameter initialization code for all built-in functions. For user-defined functions, you need to add your own parameter initialization code. To open the parameter initializations dialog, choose Scripts:Parameter:Initialization from the NLSF menu.

You can simply enter "guesstimate" parameter values in the parameters group to start the iterative fitting process. Furthermore, you can use code builder to create your own OriginC code to initialize the parameters.

Max
OriginLab GZoffice

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000