The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Origin Viewer not Custom Color aware

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
chansen14 Posted - 02/02/2006 : 11:59:50 AM
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 7.5 SR6
Operating System:XP

It appears that Origin Viewer is not yet aware of custom colors I have created. The viewer displays them as black. Does custom color info get stored with the project?

I am still a bit confused about how/where colors are stored. I have had "intermittent" problems with displayed colors reverting to black after I first create a custom color and save the file. The new color still shows on the pallette, so I can "recolor" the object. although it is annoying. I haven't been able to repeatedly reproduce the problem however... (I did select "Save for future use" in each case after defining the new color.)
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
greg Posted - 02/08/2006 : 10:46:50 AM
The Custom Colors that are added to the Origin Color Palette are not 'shareable' so this problem applys to Origin in general. Any project file or Graph Object that uses these custom colors (appear as 25th to 40th color in a color list) will not display properly on another computer. The custom colors will display as black on those computers.

This problem is scheduled to be fixed - hopefully in Origin 8.

Whenever editing colors in a graph where you want more than the basic 24 Origin colors and you may possibly share the OPJ with others, you should choose Custom from the color list in the dialog where you are editing.

Custom is not available in all dialog color controls yet, but this is also on the list of things to fix.
-----------------------
More info:
When you choose to save Origin Color Palette colors, they are stored as a complete color list in your ORIGIN.INI file. Any ORIGIN.INI file with this color list gets read when Origin starts. A complicated workaround to the problem until it's fixed is to give people your OPJ and your ORIGIN.INI. They should save this INI someplace other than their user folder (so they don't loose their settings) and when they view the project, they can use Run and launch something like :
"C:\Program Files\Origin75E\origin75.exe" -i "C:\origin.ini" "C:\Downloads\sample.opj"
to force Origin to use the saved INI and open the saved OPJ.

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000