The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Theme editing: Bold axis titles, color increment

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Clairekun Posted - 04/14/2020 : 6:33:47 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 2018b
Operating System: Windows 10

Hello,

I generated a custom graph theme and deleted all properties that kept its default value to see its particularities more clearly. After playing a bit with theme organizer, I found some problems:

1. I seem unable to change axis titles to bold. I have tried setting Bold titles for "All axes", and also setting "Y axis" and "X axis" titles to bold individually, but the text won't change after saving and applying the theme to the graph. I cannot find any other property interacting with it, so I don't know why it's not working.

2. Where can I set the specified color increment to "Binned"? There seems to be no obvious property concerning this, but it must be somewhere. There is a "Color map" property with an "Increment" subproperty, which has numerical values, but nothing seems to change no matter the number I type.

Thank you.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Clairekun Posted - 04/16/2020 : 05:02:25 AM
Yes, that's what I did, but it's not working. I'll just stick to saving the format as a theme and leave it as it is, since it works if I leave everything intact.

Thanks, anyway!
GZ_MOD Posted - 04/16/2020 : 03:08:45 AM
Hi,

I suppose the theme doesn’t work because it contains too much properties and the Increment group are not properly set. Please try in a simple graph. You can create a line graph with two lines grouped. Change the 1st item in Stretch list.

Apply the theme. See if Line increment changes in the Plot Details dialog.

Thanks,
Amanda
OriginLab Technical Service
Clairekun Posted - 04/15/2020 : 12:57:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by AmandaLu

2. The group increment control is
Page > All Layers > All Line Symbol Group Plots > Increment

Nope, not working; it sticks to "by one", even if I change it.
quote:
Originally posted by AmandaLu
You’d better change the group increment in Plot Details and then save theme from the graph.

I know, but it saves over 400 properties. It is of no consequence to me, I'm aware, but I believe needlessly saving unchanged default properties is a waste of space and confusing, in case I wanted to change anything via Theme Organizer.
AmandaLu Posted - 04/15/2020 : 05:09:20 AM
Hi,

1. The axis title’s bold format doesn’t save in theme. You can edit the following
Page > All Layers > X Axis> Both Titles > Text = “\b(%(?X))”.
“\b()” means bold text.

2. The group increment control is
Page > All Layers > All Line Symbol Group Plots > Increment

You’d better change the group increment in Plot Details and then save theme from the graph.

Thanks,
Amanda
OriginLab Technical Service

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000