The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Urgent! Have trouble plotting multiple curves

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
needurgenthelp Posted - 04/20/2020 : 1:27:44 PM
Hi! I really need urgent help necause I have a paper to write about my research and I have a problem with the OriginPro software.

I intend to use a double-Y axis plot, with columns A-L as my data. Therefore, a set of 3 columns will produce two curves. For example, for A(X1),B(Y1),C(Y1), the first curve will depict B(Y1) against A(X1).This should be under Layer 1. The second curve will depict C(Y1) against A(X1). This should be under Layer 2. The process is repeated for subsequent columns D(X2),E(Y2),F(Y2), G(X3),H(X3),I(X3)etc...all using the x axis as current density and Y axes as voltage and power density.

However, when I highlight all the columns and click plot double-Y axis, a pop-window says "Number of X columns greater than number of layers. Plotting not supported."

I was able to plot the graphs successfully using the computer in my school's lab but face this problem when I use OriginPro on my laptop. Could anyone help me rectify this problem? Really appreciate any help I can get as I urgently need to analyze the data.

Thank you so much!
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
YimingChen Posted - 04/20/2020 : 4:52:17 PM
Hi,

Which version of Origin do you use? This issue doesn't happen in Origin 2020.

But if you arrange data this way and make double y plot, Col B, C will go to layer1, col E, F will go to layer2, etc. Please try making plot this way: Go to menu Edit:Select..., set Mode to By Select N columns and Skip M columns, but adjusting N,M,Start, you should be able to select col(B), col(E), col(H),etc. Then plot into one layer. Then with same method you can select col(C), Col(F), Col(I) and plot into another layer, then merge two graphs.

James

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000