The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Multiple X-Axis Scale Contour or Profile Plot

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ckalha14 Posted - 05/06/2020 : 10:31:23 AM
Hello,

I am trying to plot 15 datasets into a colour/contour plot, however, each dataset contains a different x-axis scale. When using the contour plot function, origin asks you to select only one x column but I want to select a range of x and y values. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,

CURRAN
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
YimingChen Posted - 05/06/2020 : 12:24:56 PM
I would stack all xy columns into 2 new columns designated as (x, z), then insert another column with corresponding column header values e.g. 447, 448... as y column. Then use the xyz data to draw contour. You will use the stack tool ( menu Worksheet->Stack Columns..). See if it works, or you can email your data to <tech@originlab.com> for further help. Thank you.

James
Ckalha14 Posted - 05/06/2020 : 11:10:23 AM
Hello James,

Thankyou for the quick reply. Please see the images below. Each data set needs specific alignment so that ideally when i plot it on the contour plot, the blue region aligns to x=0 but because i can only select one x-axis the blue region is skewed across X=0.

Thanks

CURRAN
YimingChen Posted - 05/06/2020 : 10:52:07 AM
Hi,

You may need to run interpolation so that all datasets are having same x values, then contour can be plotted from a matrix. If this is not your case, please attach a screen shot of your worksheet and explain more.

James

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000