The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Multiple layers on a ternary scatter plot

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Clairekun Posted - 07/27/2020 : 5:57:36 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 2018b
Operating System: Windows 10

Hello,

How can I add a new ternary scatter layer to a ternary plot? The only ternary option under Layer Contents and Plot Setup is ternary contour, which is not what I need.

I tried to plot both graphs separately and merge them, but this only creates a layout with the two separated.

I also tried selecting the Z axis of my datasets and adding them to the first layer via Layer Contents, which seemed to plot the data points just fine, and used Plot Setup to move them to the second layer. Here, scatter points moved around and out of scale. Rescale seemed to do no good.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Clairekun Posted - 07/28/2020 : 3:18:47 PM
Great, it's working perfectly. Thanks!
Chris D Posted - 07/28/2020 : 3:13:26 PM
See if this will work for you for a graph with 1 layer and 2 plots in the layer.

1. Right click on the Legend and choose Copy.
2. Somewhere in the graph, right click and paste to make a copy of the legend.
You have made a copy of the legend though it technically isn't a legend per se.
3. For each, right-click on it and choose Properties.
4. In the Properties dialog, remove one of the lines of legend notation such that each has a unique entry.

That is, as far as I know, the only way to get two legends for the plots in 1 layer.

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support
Clairekun Posted - 07/28/2020 : 2:30:53 PM
Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I can see duplicated titles, etc. which is not necessarily a problem, since I can edit that, but it might be too much of a hassle to get what I need.

I wanted 2 layers to have 2 different legends, since I cannot seem to find how to achieve that with a single layer. Is there any way to append 2 legends pertaining to 2 different datasets, both in the same layer? I believe it would be easier to do than merging and modifying half of the top graph.

For now, I am separating the legend in 2 columns, but it would be better if I could move them separately.

Thank you.
Chris D Posted - 07/28/2020 : 08:54:43 AM
Have you tried merging the two graphs and setting the number of rows and columns to 1 in the Merge Graph Windows dialog? You'd also need to set the page width = page height.

That should put both layers right on top of each other.

Will that work?

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support
Clairekun Posted - 07/28/2020 : 01:57:20 AM
This feature does not seem to exist in my version (2018b); I can only copy the page as a picture and paste it on top of the graph, axes and everything.

Is there anything prior to version 2020 to achieve this?

Thank you.
cpyang Posted - 07/27/2020 : 7:35:03 PM
This will be very simple if you have Origin 2020 or later.
The feature is Copy Paste plot, see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHC8s7oRU94

So you make two ternary plot, then click on one and Cntrl+C and go to the other graph and ctrl+V, done.

CP

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000