The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Column formatting question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
AOjuva Posted - 10/07/2020 : 07:08:48 AM
I have a column with date and time values. The measurement series runs over several days, actually for three months, with approximately 32000 data points for each day.

To make analysis more workable, I want to unstack the data so that each day has separate colums. I know how to unstack columns using a grouping column, and I got the data to stack in the way I wanted by making a column that was a copy of the date value, but it only showed the day number. Then I had another column which only showed the time of the day (hh:mm), which I used as X.

The problem is, that I want to plot certain days on each other. However, when I plot these values in the same graph, they don't have a common zero, but form a continuous series, probably because the time column still contains information about the Julian day value.

So, how do I get my data grouped per day, and labelled only by time of that day, if I have one column with Julian values and another column of data points?

Thanks in advance!
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
AOjuva Posted - 10/09/2020 : 02:32:38 AM
Perfect, thank you!
YimingChen Posted - 10/07/2020 : 09:25:35 AM
Hi,

From what you described, you would like to extract the time value from your Julian day value. Basically the fractional segment of the Julian date/time value is the time part and the integer segment is date part. See figure below, set col(B) as the fraction of col(A), then set col(B) Format to Time. Simply changing the Display format of col(A) to only show time part doesn't change the Julian date value behind it.

We have webinar talking about Date/Time, you may want to check it out.
https://www.originlab.com/Index.aspx?go=SUPPORT/ONLINETRAINING&pid=3169

James

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000