The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Changing the lables in HCA analysis

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
arefaat.spec Posted - 11/02/2020 : 3:01:44 PM
Origin Ver.: OriginPro 2019b (64-bit) 9.6.5.169
Operating System: Windows 10 Professional

Dear all,

I have what might appear to be a problem with hierarchical cluster analysis analysis (HCA) on Origin. As you can see in the attached table, the first column is the one I used as labels for the Observations (X-axis)while the other 5 columns represent second derivative of FTIR spectra of 5 dyes. As you can see in the resulting dendrogram, I cannot tell which bar is related to which dye so that I can tell which dyes are more similar to each other at a certain FTIR wavenumber than the others. The tick labels on X-axis are named according to the row number.

Would you please help me solve this problem and tell me how to do it?

This is an example of HCA that was done on Origin too by Arkadiusz Matwijczuk et al (2019) (Use of FTIR Spectroscopy and Chemometrics
with Respect to Storage Conditions of Moldavian Dragonhead Oil). Here, you can see on X-axis which line or bar is related to which type of oil as the authors code named the oils a, b, c and d.

A. Refaat
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
YimingChen Posted - 11/03/2020 : 09:00:56 AM
If your goal is to compare different dyes, in HCA dialog, go to Settings tab, set Cluster to Variables.

James
arefaat.spec Posted - 11/03/2020 : 03:52:39 AM
I tried this too. When I choose col(A) in which I have inserted the wavenumbers, the labels on the X-axis are the wavenumber values. Therefore, I still cannot identify which line/bar in the dendrogram is corresponding to which dye. I would be so grateful if you can help me with this issue.

quote:
Originally posted by YimingChen

Hi,

In the hierarchical cluster analysis tool dialog, you need to specify the column to be Observation labels, in this case col(A). If not specified, row index will be used.

James

A. Refaat
YimingChen Posted - 11/02/2020 : 3:54:06 PM
Hi,

In the hierarchical cluster analysis tool dialog, you need to specify the column to be Observation labels, in this case col(A). If not specified, row index will be used.

James

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000