The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 OriginPro 2017G Setup/Localization Problem

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
A6450 Posted - 11/11/2020 : 05:29:31 AM
Version: OriginPro 2017G (64Bit) SR2, b9.4.2.380
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro, Version 20H2, OS build 19042.630

Hello,

I am a German student and obtained a license for OriginPro 2017G from my university. Installation, activation and general use went fine, but throughout the software the localization fails. Some (but not all) special characters, regarding the German alphabet (e.g.: ä, ö, ü), are not displayed and instead a black diamond and a question mark is printed:

To me, this feels like a font issue, but I am unable to fix it. It makes no sense to me, that some characters are being displayed correctly and some are not. I am using a variety of different software on this machine, but have never come across this problem before.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thank you for your time.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Chris D Posted - 11/11/2020 : 08:55:06 AM
Hi,

Because you are in Germany, your institution purchased its Origin licenses from our German distributor Additive (https://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Company/Distributors&pid=858).

You may consider contacting them.

I also suggest to do this because they may have better insight into this issue since they deal with the German version of Origin and German Windows much more than we do.

They may provide an instant solution whereas it may take us some time and additional requests for information from you to investigate.

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000