The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Batch plot duplicate

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
karvek Posted - 11/11/2020 : 10:12:24 AM
Hi!

I have many workbooks with the same column structure.
I made a scatter plot using the same column of all these workbooks.

Now I would like to make a new plot using another column of all these different workbooks.
I can do this manually using plot setup and manually replace every single dataset but I was wondering if there is a method to automate and speed up this process.

I tried to use the Duplicate (Batch plotting) option but it is not very straightforward.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Origin 2020
Operating System: Windows 10
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
snowli Posted - 11/11/2020 : 1:27:55 PM
Hello,

Thank you for the post. I added this to our jira system ORG-22834 and will check with our developer if we can add it in future version.

Right now, if you don't have customization in scatter plot and just want to plot a scatter graph with another columns in different worksheet, using Plot Setup as the link you found is the best way.

And if you have customization in the scatter plot, you can save it as graph template first. Then again with no data selected in workbook, choose Plot: My Template: and choose the template you saved. It will open Plot Setup. U can use the same step to plot. The customization in template will be applied.

Thanks, Snow
karvek Posted - 11/11/2020 : 10:57:28 AM
Thanks for the very fast reply.
Can you elaborate a bit more on how to do this using the Plot Setup dialog...?

EDIT: I guess you mean this https://www.originlab.com/doc/Quick-Help/Plot-MultiCols-from-DIff-WKS
Great to learn that this can be done, thanks a lot!!!
Szone1 Posted - 11/11/2020 : 10:16:41 AM
I'm afraid that cannot be batched.
But you can use the Plot Setup dialog to plot the same column from multiple datasheets together and copy-paste format (or loading template). No need to add/replace one by one.

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000