The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Theme editing

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
farrow Posted - 03/02/2006 : 6:49:53 PM
Origin 7.5
Operating System: XP

In the Theme Editing Dialog, how do I add properties, e.g., All Axes, which aren't given in the drop-down Add list when right-clicking on All Layers ?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
easwar Posted - 03/03/2006 : 4:12:35 PM
Hi Roger,

Okay, I see now where the problem is. You are bringing up Theme Gallery dialog and then editing the default system theme, which is "Color Publication". This theme has an "All Layer" branch, but does not have an "All Axes" branch. That is because this particular theme does not specify anything about the axes and deals only with color settings etc.

And as I mentioned before, since branches such as "All Axes" are added programmatically based on consolidation, there is no way to add that in the editor GUI if missing from tree.

I suggest one of the following:

1> Notice that there are other system themes such as "Ticks All In" which have an "All Axes" branch.
So when in the Theme Gallery dialog, hold the CTRL key down and click and select the "Color Publication" theme and the "Ticks All In" theme, so both are selected.
The right-click and select "Combine" from context menu, which will create a new theme combining the two.
Edit that theme further to add/change desired settings, give that a new name if you want to, and you can also right-click on this new theme and make this your new System theme.

2> Make a graph with all the settings you desire, then right-click in gray area outside of the graph page and select "Save Format as Theme" context menu.
Then click on the "Edit" button that has the image of a pencil, which will show the tree.
The tree at this point may have many things you don't want which you can delete with context menu. So you can trim down the tree to things you want and then make changes to those settings and save as a new theme and make that system theme etc.

Note also that when right-clicking to "Save Format as Theme", the operation is sensitive to what you click-selected. If you click outside of the graph in gray area you get everything. If on the other hand you click some specific object such as say the X Axis and then right-click, your tree will only have things related to that object.

So one other option is to make many small themes for very specific objects, similar to the "Ticks All In" theme that ONLY deals with axis tick direction, and then later combine them to make different larger themes that you can select and apply as needed.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes or if you have more questions.

Easwar
OriginLab

Edited by - easwar on 03/03/2006 4:12:57 PM
farrow Posted - 03/03/2006 : 1:45:16 PM
Hi, easwar,

thanks for replying. I'm trying to modify the System theme using the Format->Theme Gallery->Edit menu selection. Since I just received Origin 7.5, the System theme is the factory-installed one. As a learning exercise, I was trying to create a customized default plot style.

All the help topics I found on this subject seemed to suggest I should be able to do this.

Thanks,
Roger
easwar Posted - 03/03/2006 : 12:19:16 PM
Hi,

Such branches are created programmatically by consolidation of common settings and so this is why they are not accessible for adding in GUI. But given any graph, there should be some common settings amongs the axes and and so I am surprised you do not see an "all axes" entry at all in the theme.

Are you trying to create a new theme from scratch or are you trying to add to an existing theme? If you are trying to create a theme from scratch, it may work better to start with the theme of an existing graph and then delete the nodes that you don't want.

Easwar
OriginLab

Edited by - easwar on 03/03/2006 12:20:53 PM

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000