The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Wrong Y values being plotted, how do I fix?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mrenny Posted - 02/17/2021 : 3:32:38 PM
OriginPro 2021 (64-bit)
9.8.0.200 (Academic)
Operating System: Windows 10

I'm brand new to using Origin, and I'm trying to graph data. I dragged in my csv where column E is my x values, and F is my y values. Every 155 rows, the values in column E repeat, while the values in F change through out the entire data set.

I was able to graph each cycle by graphing all of E vs F and then using "plot set up" to cut the range of the first cycle to points 1-155. Then added more data from inside "plot set up" and did points 156-310, etc. I now have 6 different trends in layer 1 of graph 1. I can also see from with in "plot set up" that there is a #<x<# and #<y<# to show the data ranges, and can see the value of # in each data set is correct!

Yet... the y axis of the plot does not correctly reflect the true y value of each data point, while the x axis does.

Please use the link to the screenshot as the preview seemed to show that using the bbc code was going to make the image really huge...
https://my.originlab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/Images/mrennyorigin1.PNG

Thank you in advance for any advice or help!
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
snowli Posted - 02/17/2021 : 5:15:11 PM
Hello,

Maybe you can check the Rescale checkbox in the Plot Setup when adding plots so Y axis range will be updated to include all Y data.

Or with graph window active, you can click the Rescale button on right side of Origin workspace to rescale all or rescale Y only.

BTW, Origin supports select multiple ranges in same columns to plot.
https://www.originlab.com/videos/details.aspx?id=266

Suppose your column EE is set as X so E(X) shows in header.
u can drag to select row 1-155 in column F, then press Ctrl key and drag from 156 to 310, and so on to select multiple ranges. Then choose Line+Symbol to plot directly.

No need to open Plot Setup dialog.

Best,
Snow

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000