The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 No standardised residuals for polynomial fitting

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rdax Posted - 02/23/2021 : 10:03:17 AM
When using analysis to calculate a linear fit, regular and standardised residuals can be set to be calculated from the options dialogue. How can I get standardised residuals allowed when generating a polynomial fit? There is only the option to choose regular residuals, with all other options greyed out.

Origin Ver. 9.7.0.188 (Academic)
Operating System: Windows 10
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rdax Posted - 02/24/2021 : 06:55:09 AM
Great, it works, thank you! Unchecking "apparent fit" enables the selection of non-regular residuals for the polynomial fitting.

So what exactly is "apparent fit" then? Although it is checked when doing a linear fit, the options for non-regular residuals are still selectable.

thanks
Shirley_GZ Posted - 02/24/2021 : 02:04:45 AM
Hi rdax,

I see you are performing Polynomial Fit from the source graph window. In this case, by default, in the Fit Control tab, Apparent Fit has been checked which will disable the Standardized Residual controls.

So, if you want to choose standardized residuals in this dialog, you need uncheck the Apparent Fit check box,

Thanks,
Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000