The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Multiple variable regression with power law

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SpaceNerd Posted - 02/24/2021 : 10:11:14 PM
Hi all,

I am trying to find the best way to fit a multiple variable power law using origin. The functional form I am looking for would end up being-
Y=constant*(X1^n1)*(X2^n2)
with me having data for Y, X1, and X2.

Does any one have any insight into the best way forward with completing this regression in Origin. I am very new to Origin and I apologize if this is a rudimentary exercise, but my head hurts from all of the banging into the table while I have been trying to figure this out.

Thank you in advance for any assistance,
-Chris

Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro 2020
Operating System:Win10
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SpaceNerd Posted - 02/26/2021 : 12:24:07 PM
Got it to work, thanks for your help.

~CJC
YimingChen Posted - 02/25/2021 : 1:52:49 PM
That is normal. Two plots are just (V vs f) and (V vs four). You may need to change the initial value of parameters under Parameters tab, see if the fitting converge.

James
SpaceNerd Posted - 02/25/2021 : 10:49:57 AM
Thanks for the answer Yiming. Yes, I have looked at that short explanation page in great detail, but I am still getting rather stuck trying to do the fit. I have built my equation using the 'function builder' tool (as shown in the screenshot below)

But when I go to use the NLFit tool, it is not creating one plot, but instead trying to fit my two independent variables in two different plots, when I am trying to fit both of these variables in one function.

Do you have any suggestions on how to fix that issue? The way I have it labelled I am looking for V as a function (f^n1)*(four^n2)*A.

~CJC
YimingChen Posted - 02/25/2021 : 08:54:58 AM
Can you check this tutorial page on fitting with multiple independent variables?
https://www.originlab.com/doc/Tutorials/Fitting-MultiIndepVar

James

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000