The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Column Values Recalculation

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Henga Posted - 03/03/2021 : 06:28:25 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release: OriginPro8.5
Operating System: Win10 x64

Working in a project with several sheets and plots. Formulas for all columns are set up using BeforeFormulaScripts as this
range Eb = B"Ebeam";

One particular column "E" does not recalculate automatically, while all other do. This one's values are calculated from 2 previous columns C and D, which are calculated from experimental data in columns A and B. Column E is then used to build a plot so having it automatically updated is a question of efficiency.

What might be the issue with inconsistent auto recalculation?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Henga Posted - 03/03/2021 : 10:23:02 AM
Formulas aside, issue remains the same: one particular column does not automatically recalculate. It seems like duplicating the sheet fixes it, but I'm curious about the reason behind it.

quote:
Originally posted by cpyang

Can you give details on what does not work by directly using column formula? Before Formula script things starting to be complicated and you did not exactly show details on what was not working.

best to keep it simple and use column formula only.

CP

cpyang Posted - 03/03/2021 : 09:51:44 AM
Can you give details on what does not work by directly using column formula? Before Formula script things starting to be complicated and you did not exactly show details on what was not working.

best to keep it simple and use column formula only.

CP
Henga Posted - 03/03/2021 : 09:22:10 AM
It was initially done simply be referring to columns, yes, but issue was the same. Since there're other columns too, with more complex formulas, it was decided to implement BeforeFormulaScripts to maintain a certain notation of variables. Still, the issue wasn't resolved by this.

quote:
Originally posted by cpyang

Is there a reason you need to use Before Formula Script for simply referring to another column? Why not just directly use that column in the formula?

Before formula script is typically needed when more complex things are needed.

CP

cpyang Posted - 03/03/2021 : 06:48:27 AM
Is there a reason you need to use Before Formula Script for simply referring to another column? Why not just directly use that column in the formula?

Before formula script is typically needed when more complex things are needed.

CP

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000