The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Origin is unable to launch Excel

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PeggyS Posted - 03/04/2021 : 12:26:26 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:

Hi everyone,

I am trying to open an internal excel window in origin. However, I am getting this error message:
'Origin is unable to launch Excel. Please make sure that Excel is properly installed.
If Excel is already installed on your computer, you may need to restart Windows.'

The IT has updated and checked my excel and everything is fine. We also tried origin version 2019/2020b/2021 and I am getting the same problem. Does someone know how to solve this problem?
I have also tried the trick mentioned in: 5.24 FAQ-508 Troubleshooting of Excel Errors in Origin; with no success.

Thanks,
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpyang Posted - 03/10/2021 : 8:29:24 PM
That button was removed in recent versions, so which version of Origin are you using?

Please try excel import from

Data > Connect to File > Excel

CP
PeggyS Posted - 03/07/2021 : 5:32:47 PM
Hi,
I am not sure if I explained my problem correctly. I just want to open the excel window in origin.

Why is this still an option in the program if it is an older function?
cpyang Posted - 03/04/2021 : 03:54:46 AM
Why do you need to launch Excel inside Origin?

That technology to launch another application in a OLE way was decades old and there are can be all kinds of reasons that it does not work, one of them being newer version of MS Office.

You will be much better off to use the Excel Connector to bring in the data while still keeping your original data in Excel files.

CP

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000