The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 labtalk dataset access changes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
menhart@ii Posted - 03/16/2021 : 6:07:19 PM
ok so we have been using O for along time ( since it was part of microcal...) and have many older fitting functions. until O2017 we could access data in worksheets by wsname_colname(x) which would interpolate a dataset in worksheet wsname column colname. we have used this, for instance, to fit data as a linear combination of experimentally derived basis sets stored in wsname. we use this in various fitting functions, e.g.:

F*(a*ba_a(x) + b*ba_b(x) + (f-a-b)*ba_r(x) )

now it seems this no longer works. note that referring to specific elements via ba_r[x] seems to work (i think...). the problem seems specific to interpolatin, and to be that the shortname has been changed by default to be non-customizable i.e. as described here https://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/Column-Short-Names-Restrict?f=dl

this says the default is to name columns A, B, C.... like excel. so our fitting functions work if they are edited to

F*(a*ba_B(x) + b*ba_C(x) + (f-a-b)*ba_D(x))

but that is silly. it is crazy since we would have to go back and change all fitting functions, and possible all datasets to reconcile this. it is also crazy since it is bad practice to have uninformative variable names.

i feel like i have been transported back to 1970 and am programing in FORTRAN where only certain variable names are allowed (who remembers integers start with i-n, reals with some other letter?). i cannot believe origins developers did something so crazy without providing a work around

so... what is it?

how do i refer to an interpolated worksheet column dataset

i have tried turning off this "excel spreadsheet mode" but the fitting functions still does not work in the NLLS fitter

i have attached an O2107 *.opj file that works fine in O2017 but does NOT work in O2021
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
AmandaLu Posted - 03/16/2021 : 11:51:10 PM
Hi,

Have you tried @RCN=7?

https://www.originlab.com/doc/Quick-Help/Set-column-names-in-script

Thanks,
Amanda
OriginLab Technical Service

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000