The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 DOE app - tutorial

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dominik.mierzwa Posted - 04/05/2021 : 12:06:17 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 2021 PRO
Operating System: Win 10 Pro

Hi,
Are there any more comprehensive than help resources or tutorials for DOE app? I'm not familiar with the R and it is really difficult to follow how the app works. For example, during planing the design (surface response CCD), how to set the lower and upper values as alpha (star values) - in the case of time it is difficult to set the negative one... How many central points per cube should be set for one block (1 per cube and 6 axial)?

Kind regards,
Dominik
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
charleszeng Posted - 04/06/2021 : 05:00:35 AM
Hi Dominik,

In CCD design, alpha value determines the distance from axial points to center points. For a three-factor CCD, if lower and upper bounds are (-1,1) for all factors, the axial points (blue points) are 1*alpha away from center point(0,0).

If you don't want negative axial values in the case of time, use Faces(alpha=1). The axial points are face centered and will be positve.

As for number of center points, more center points cost more experimental resources. If you have less than 50 runs, I would suggest adding 6-10 center points in total.

Charles

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000