The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Line connect between points within same x position

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Atedge Posted - 04/30/2021 : 10:57:57 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro 2021 (64-bit) 9.8.0.200
Operating System: Windows 10 20H2 (19042.928)
How to not connect line between two adjacent data points have same (or nearly same) x coordinates? It's not a problem of "Connect line across Missing Data", and I've known how to manually remove line between two points as FAQ-957(https://www.originlab.com/doc/Quick-Help/Break-Line-between-Two-Points)] and FAQ-986(https://www.originlab.com/doc/Quick-Help/Remove-Line-Between-Points) show. But is there a setting or checkbox to control this behavior or a new connect line type can behave like this in the plot properties dialog?
Below shows an example graph, there are a few vertical line connections at the boundary of the plot(highlighted with blue circles).
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Atedge Posted - 05/06/2021 : 01:10:09 AM
Thanks for your workaround, it works like a charm!
quote:
Originally posted by YimingChen

There is no such option. As a workaround, maybe you can run a piece of Labtalk script to detect those adjacent data points and insert an empty row between. Then make the plot. Suppose Col(A) is your x column, you can go to menu Window:Script Window. Copy paste the script below, highlight all lines and click Enter to run. See if empty rows are inserted.

for (int i = wks.nrows; i>0; i--) {
	if(col(A)[i] == col(A)[i-1]) {
		wks.insertRows(i);
	}
}

James

YimingChen Posted - 04/30/2021 : 12:31:10 PM
There is no such option. As a workaround, maybe you can run a piece of Labtalk script to detect those adjacent data points and insert an empty row between. Then make the plot. Suppose Col(A) is your x column, you can go to menu Window:Script Window. Copy paste the script below, highlight all lines and click Enter to run. See if empty rows are inserted.

for (int i = wks.nrows; i>0; i--) {
	if(col(A)[i] == col(A)[i-1]) {
		wks.insertRows(i);
	}
}

James

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000