The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 EPS files with same aspect ratios

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jonathanunderwood Posted - 03/13/2006 : 9:22:24 PM
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 7.5 SR6
Operating System: Windows XP

I am trying to export a number of graphs to eps files with the same aspect ratios such that they all scale to the same size when included in a latex file. However, despite setting the page sizes to be the same, and making sure the bounding boxes of the eps files are the same, I simply cannot get all the exported eps files to be the same dimensions. This means that when they're scaled to the page width in latex, the line thicknesses, font sizes etc are all a bit different, as different scaling factors are used.

How do I ensure that all my eps files are exported with the same size, such that line thicknesses, font sizes etc are consistent?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jonathanunderwood Posted - 03/17/2006 : 3:28:47 PM
Great, thanks, that did it.
easwar Posted - 03/16/2006 : 10:28:58 AM
Hi,

Note that the settings under Tools->Options->Page affect the export. The default settings are to export at 40% of page size, and furthermore note that the default under Margin Control drop-down is Border. What Border means is Origin will look for a rectangle within page that includes all object and a border around them, and this usually then is not the whole page.

So in your case it would work better if you set the Copy Ratio to 100% and the Margin Control to Page. Then the entire page should be exported, as per the page settings and you should not see minor differences from one graph to another.

Easwar
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000