The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Smart rounding of axes limits

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
AKazak Posted - 05/30/2022 : 06:46:35 AM
OriginPro 2022b (64-bit) SR1 9.9.5.167
Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64

Greetings!

It seems reasonable to have smart rounding of axes limits From and To in case of Rescale set to Auto.
By smart rounding I mean floor rounding for From and ceil rounding for To, both to the specified number of decimal digits.

I my case axis limit properly rounded are important for graphics for reports.

Does Origin currently have this functionality?

Thank you.

---
Andrey
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
AKazak Posted - 05/31/2022 : 05:12:23 AM
quote:
Originally posted by yuki_wu

Hi Andrey,

Sorry that we cannot specify the decimal number of the axis range as you desire so far.

However, Origin does help to adjust the number of major ticks when the axis range changes. Since this is determined by the algorithm, it might not always be 100% perfect for every case. If so, I am afraid that you have to adjust it by yourself.

Regards, Yuki

Dear Yuki,

Got it.

Currently I set major/minor tick manually in terms of number and intervals.
How do I enable|re-enable|force automatic adjustment of the major/minor tick number/interval?

---
Andrey
yuki_wu Posted - 05/31/2022 : 05:04:16 AM
Hi Andrey,

Sorry that we cannot specify the decimal number of the axis range as you desire so far.

However, Origin does help to adjust the number of major ticks when the axis range changes. Since this is determined by the algorithm, it might not always be 100% perfect for every case. If so, I am afraid that you have to adjust it by yourself.

Regards, Yuki
AKazak Posted - 05/31/2022 : 03:58:07 AM
quote:
Originally posted by yuki_wu

Hi Andrey,

We use Rescale Margin(%) to control the rescale range. Please take a look at this page for more details:
https://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/AxesRef-Scale?f=dl#Rescale_Margin.28.25.29

Regards, Yuki

Dear Yuki,

I use Rescale Margin(%), but doesn't solve my issue.
See an example below:

What I want is to have From = 1.4 and To=2.8, and number of major Ticks determined automatically (but not too small).
Is this possible to perform without scripting?

---
Andrey
yuki_wu Posted - 05/31/2022 : 02:47:37 AM
Hi Andrey,

We use Rescale Margin(%) to control the rescale range. Please take a look at this page for more details:
https://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/AxesRef-Scale?f=dl#Rescale_Margin.28.25.29

Regards, Yuki

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000