The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Plot mix of bars & icons? (like Excel combo chart)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DTLMISR Posted - 02/04/2023 : 8:20:45 PM
Dear all,

my university has an academic license for Origin. I want to use it to create graphs, not very sophisticated. I would like to create graphs that look like the one attached, that I created with Excel.
In this example, the data are four different experimental conditions and each condition was repeated four times (replication1 to replication4). So the bars are the mean value of the four replications and additionally, the circles show the individual result of each replication. In Excel, it is called combo chart.
This plot is showing the data of "output 1" and there will be similar plots which show the data of other outputs (output 2, output 3 and so on) with the very same structure. Therefore, I would be interested to use features like Origin's batch plotting (which I am not familiar with) - but that will be another question. So first I would like to understand, if this kind of plot is possible and if so, how to do it? Please keep in mind that I am not too familiar with Origin.

I also attach my Excel file. The bold values are those that I use in the plot.

Thank you and best regards

Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro 2021
Operating System: Windows 10

https://my.originlab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/Images/exported%20data.xlsx
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
DTLMISR Posted - 02/09/2023 : 07:38:31 AM
Hi Yuki,

thank you for your help. And I am sorry for my late reply. I just reply quickly, because I have to finish something else at work first and this is consuming all my time. Once this is done I want to get back and try this for myself in Origin and also try to implement some more stuff. Thank you again.

Best regards
DTLMISR
yuki_wu Posted - 02/06/2023 : 03:33:09 AM
Hi,

Origin supports this by Grouped Mean Bar – Indexed Plot.

You can copy your data to Origin and select Plot: Categorical: Grouped Mean Bar – Indexed to plot it.

Regards, Yuki

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000