The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Exporting changes graph

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
EmEm Posted - 06/07/2023 : 02:32:26 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin 2022b (64-bit)

Operating System: Win 10

Hi,
I encountered a problem when exporting my graphs. I will describe what I am doing, maybe you are able to reproduce the error.

I have data which contains the mean values of a former column. I plot this data and - as some data sets have gaps - check the "Connect line across Missing Data"-option. Then I try to export the graphs, which makes the graph collaps to a line at y=0. The resulting exported image shows the same wrong graph. When I manipulated something at the graph, e.g. change the scale, it jumpes back to normal. This happens with whatever export dialog I use: File-->export graph; right-click-->export diagramm; right-click-->copy-->copy diagram as picture.
Checking/Unchecking "If speed mode is enabled for display, apply to graphic export as well" does not make a difference.

Is there a way to fix this?

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
snowli Posted - 06/16/2023 : 09:06:25 AM
You are very wlecome!

Best, Snow
2197929m Posted - 06/16/2023 : 07:25:12 AM
Hi Snow,

That's done the job! Brilliant work finding out so fast.
Thank you very much for the help.

All the best,
Connor
snowli Posted - 06/15/2023 : 09:13:28 AM
Hi Connor,

Thanks for finding the issue. I replied you from our ticket system but also want to post here.

The export graph (advanced) issue with your opju existed since Origin 2023 because of some other code change related to cell formula.

Here is the workaround in Origin 2023b and Origin 2023.
Restart Origin.
Choose Preferences: System Variables.
In a new row, add system varaible fsf. change the value to 2.

Then the export graph advanced will work for your opju.

The issue will be fixed in coming Origin 2024 so that system variable @fsf=1 will also work.

Thanks, Snow

snowli Posted - 06/14/2023 : 09:48:28 AM
Hi Connor,

When using export graph (advanced) to export graph, Origin saves the export settings in the graph window so when user open the opju later and export the graph again, it will load the export graph settings by default. E.g. when open the Export Graph Advanced dialog, <Graph> shows as dialog theme.

I am just wondering if that's causing the issue.

Do you mind creating a support ticket with opju file attached
https://www.originlab.com/restricted/support/NewTicket.aspx?c=

so I can check if i can reproduce it and how to workaround it.

Thanks, Snow
2197929m Posted - 06/14/2023 : 09:24:40 AM
Hi Snow,

I've tried these too already with no success.
When installing the new version I didn't do the "Preferences: Transfer User Files" in the notes section, and have already uninstalled the 2022b version since so no longer have the old UFF.

I didn't have a modified version of the 2022b Origin so I'm not sure if this will make a difference.

If theres any other method you think would help, do let me know.

Cheers,
Connor
snowli Posted - 06/14/2023 : 09:00:44 AM
Could you try
https://www.originlab.com/doc/Quick-Help/System-Folder-Build-Failed

Thanks, Snow

quote:
Originally posted by 2197929m

Hi,

I was having a similar issue and have installed the 2023b version.
When trying to access the export graph (advanced) menu, the dialogue breaks. This doesn't appear to happen with a brand new file built after installing the new version.

With the old file I get a "VC member function call execution error" and when the dialogue opens all of the components are blank and scrambled.

I have tried reinstalling origin but the issue persists. Do you have any recommendations? I'd rather avoid starting from scratch as building this and its dependent files from scratch will be a lot of work.

Cheers,
Connor

2197929m Posted - 06/14/2023 : 08:28:10 AM
Hi,

I was having a similar issue and have installed the 2023b version.
When trying to access the export graph (advanced) menu, the dialogue breaks. This doesn't appear to happen with a brand new file built after installing the new version.

With the old file I get a "VC member function call execution error" and when the dialogue opens all of the components are blank and scrambled.

I have tried reinstalling origin but the issue persists. Do you have any recommendations? I'd rather avoid starting from scratch as building this and its dependent files from scratch will be a lot of work.

Cheers,
Connor
EmEm Posted - 06/09/2023 : 03:03:04 AM
Thank you for your feedback, I need to ask at a higher level in my company for new software.
YimingChen Posted - 06/07/2023 : 09:12:37 AM
It appears this is a known bug and has been fixed in Origin 2023b. Could you please upgrade your Origin? Thank you.

James

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000