The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Origin - Word graphing issues

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
xCrossCat Posted - 06/28/2023 : 11:46:39 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 2023b 10.0.5.157
Operating System: Win 10

I've had this issue since installing origin on my personal machine.

At work, I use Ctrl + J to copy the window and paste it into a word document, so I can open the graph in origin to edit it, and I have access to the word features such as adding captions, and grouping the caption to the origin file, to prevent de-formatting. So far, so good.

On my personal machine, after Ctrl + J and pasting in word, I don't have access to the caption, and even if I make a separate caption, I can't group them. I can't even select both of these elements. This has caused some formating issues and I can't figure out if it's Origin spazzing out or Word.

However, I have noticed that the graphs that I've pasted at work can be intracted with normally, and grouped/ungrouped, captioned/uncaptioned, but the new files no. Even the dots around the graph are different, which leads me to believe it'snot copying the same filetype? In both cases I can open and edit the origin graph, so it's not copying as an image.

I'm completely stumped, has anyone had any similar situation? Is there a way to confirm what filetype I'm copying or something?

Thanks in advance!

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
xCrossCat Posted - 06/29/2023 : 1:29:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by snowli

I vaguely remember it's Word version related.

What are the Word versions on the two PCs?

Thanks, Snow

Oh damn, that could be the case :/

The office PC has Word 2016, I don't know for sure which version. My personal device has Word 365, version 2305, supplied through my university.
snowli Posted - 06/29/2023 : 09:12:47 AM
I vaguely remember it's Word version related.

What are the Word versions on the two PCs?

Thanks, Snow

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000