The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 line + symbol xyz

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
amethyste Posted - 07/03/2023 : 04:36:47 AM
I have a plot with two layers. the first layer is a contour plot with a color map as the z coordinate.
i created another layer with (x,y) coordinates for line + symbol . but i want the line + symbol plot to be dependent on a z coordinate that is within the range of the z coordinate of the color map.
here is a pic , and in this case i am plotting it only as (x,y) in a second layer . it would be more accurate to plot it with its z coordinate.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
snowli Posted - 07/06/2023 : 10:03:24 AM
Thanks for sharing the opju.

I don't fully understand
"but i want the line + symbol plot to be dependent on a z coordinate that is within the range of the z coordinate of the color map.
and in this case i am plotting it only as (x,y) in a second layer . it would be more accurate to plot it with its z coordinate."

For 2d graph, it will use x and y as coordinate to plot them. So when u plot line+symbol in 2d, it will use corresponding xy values to plot each point. If u mean u want to map the colors of each point with z values, and the colors should match the colormap used in contour, u can
1. click on the line+symbol to see mini toolbar.
2. click on the symbol color button there and set color by point and map to column C.

(it will use the auto detected Z range e.g. from 0 to 3.09 based on the z column on fit tab).
3. Then u can right click on the contour plot and choose Copy Format.
4. Right click on line+symbol plot and choose Paste Format to: Colormap so the line+symbol will use the same colormap levels as your contour graph.

Thanks, Snow
amethyste Posted - 07/06/2023 : 09:31:35 AM
https://my.originlab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/Images/testtttttt.opju

this is the file and the fit also depends on the chisq values but i don't know how to relate them to the contour plot in this case
snowli Posted - 07/05/2023 : 12:08:41 PM
Hello,

I don't fully understand the question.
Do u mean u want the symbols colors to be mapped to the z values?

Do you mind sharing the opju?

Thanks, Snow

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000