The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Peak Analysis - Fit Peaks

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gonza984 Posted - 09/08/2023 : 5:10:04 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Hi,

I would like some help on the Fit Peaks feature of the peak analysis. I have 2,000 curves to analyze for peak detection, so I try to create a theme analysis.

When I create the theme, in the Fit Peaks windows, Origin generates automatically some Gaussian extrapolation that fit perfectly with my curve (see picture attached where the green Gaussian fit my black curve in height). I checked "Generate report from current fitting result" and directly click on "Finish", without clicking on "Fit". The results are as I want for this curve.

Unfortunately when I save these parameters as a Theme and apply it automatically, the software seems to click on the "Fit" button and I obtain Gaussian that do not fit my curve height ans apparence (see picture attached). Do you know a way to reproduce exactly my first results with an automatic theme ? There is probably a box to check, but I may need help to find it.

Thanks all!
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gonza984 Posted - 09/11/2023 : 5:42:04 PM
Hi James,

Thanks a lot for your help! I checked Fix Status and Fixed Values and that was my issue.

Thanks again
YimingChen Posted - 09/11/2023 : 09:44:34 AM
It appears that you only want the initial guess of the fitting parameters to be the output instead of performing the peak fitting. One workaround would be fixing the parameters in the Fit Control dialog. When saving the theme, make sure to check the box Fixed Status Only.

James

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000