The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Ternary plots axis reversal

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
wisera Posted - 09/21/2023 : 10:28:54 AM
I'd like to ask for some help with the creation of a texture diagram (sand, silt, clay) using a ternary plot.
I have a problem with the axis direction, since the typical ternary plot has 100 % for the x-axis (lower right), y-axis (top) and z-axis (lower right). For texture diagrams in soil science conventionally this should be x-axis (lower left), y-axis (lower right) and z-axis (top).

Unlike other graphs, the ternary plot does not seem to have the option to reverse the axes (either by setting a tick mark or exchanging the lower and upper border).

I'm using OriginPro 2021.

a typical texture diagram: https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.1d2fffef92c2ead89465b459a18f4de6?rik=nZj%2fS9CFS8%2fRrw&pid=ImgRaw&r=0
my problem: https://ibb.co/V967sWh
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
wisera Posted - 09/22/2023 : 09:23:31 AM
Thank you for your advice, YimingChen. Apparently that missing option was only added in the later version.

VERY LATE EDIT:

The above advice only reversed the axis, i.e. the data points are still on the old positions despite reversed axis direction.

I finally found the option to reverse axes under Plot details - Layer Properties - Ternary - Direction (Clockwise/Counter clockwise)
YimingChen Posted - 09/22/2023 : 09:16:36 AM
You might consider upgrading your Origin software to have the option below to "reverse" the axis.

James

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000