The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How to plot missing data in a contour profile plot

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
przemoft Posted - 10/10/2023 : 03:50:54 AM
Origin Ver.and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 2023b (64-bit)
Operating System: WIN 11 (64 bit)

Dear All,
I know how to plot missing data for 2D line plot (Format->Page->Plot details->Display->Connect line across missing data), however, I cannot find such an option for Contour Map and Contour Profile Plot (created from matrix or XYZ worksheet). Is there a way to do this or anything similar in Origin?

Thanks

Przemyslaw
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
YimingChen Posted - 10/19/2023 : 08:41:41 AM
Or you could use the menu tool Worksheet->Reduce Rows, and in the dialog, choose to delete rows with missing values.

James
przemoft Posted - 10/19/2023 : 08:15:51 AM
If I understand correctly, you are suggesting deleting X and Y values in rows where Z are missing. It works, but tracking those rows in the worksheet takes much time. I was hoping it could be done automatically (for this particular problem maybe something like an option “ignore X and Y values for missing Z” or something similar). However manual deletion of selected X and Y leads to the desired effect, Thanks.

Przemyslaw
YimingChen Posted - 10/11/2023 : 08:54:44 AM
Could you also set the X, and Y values to missing for those Z values? Thanks.

James
przemoft Posted - 10/11/2023 : 04:11:55 AM
The worksheet contains a set of points representing XYZ values; some Z-s are missing. The missing values are black regions in the plot. I know I can set the color for missing values as blue (in that case), but sometimes the values are high enough to be represented in yellow or red (for instance missing data in a slope). I want Origin to pick the proper color based on values at the start and end of the gap in the data. I would also like to apply it to the contour profile plot.

Przemyslaw
YimingChen Posted - 10/10/2023 : 08:42:10 AM
It shouldn't be an issue for contour. Could you provide an example showing the problem? Thanks.

James

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000