The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Non linear curve fit

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
taniap Posted - 12/05/2023 : 09:07:47 AM
Hello!
I am trying to fit some arrhenius plots with the non linear fitting of the origin but it keeps giving me a very high value of error. The equation that I'm using is the double exponential:
(I= IO/(1+Aexp(-E1/kbT) + Bexp(-E2/kbT)).
After trying to define the single exponential with good values of error, when I am trying to use this defined value in the double exponential the error keeps gaining high values. The tolerance factor that is used is 1E-9 and the max number of iterations is 400. Should I change something in these values? Can I reduce the error within 10%?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
YimingChen Posted - 12/06/2023 : 11:18:26 AM
Changing the tolerance factor won't help if the fitting is already converged. Could you share your data here? Thanks.

James
taniap Posted - 12/06/2023 : 06:17:58 AM
quote:
Originally posted by YimingChen

Have you manually set the initial values of the fitting parameters? Please refer to the page:
https://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/The_Reason_Why_Fail_to_Converge#Poor_initial_parameter_values

James

Hello,
yes i have tried fixing some of the initial parameters. I wonder if by changing the tolerance factor it will still be the same. In addition, do you know if there is any option to limit the error while fitting by defining the value in the settings of the non-linear fit?
YimingChen Posted - 12/05/2023 : 09:37:09 AM
Have you manually set the initial values of the fitting parameters? Please refer to the page:
https://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/The_Reason_Why_Fail_to_Converge#Poor_initial_parameter_values

James

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000