The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Color scale not corresponding to actual values

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
fcambie Posted - 01/18/2024 : 04:20:37 AM
Hello,
I am encountering issues while dealing with color maps and color scale. I have a worksheet in which I added as user parameter the values (temperature) I want to use for the color map (cm) of a (line) plot.
So, I plot the data (spectroscopic data) and everything is fine also with the color map that covers all the data by stretching the increments. however, this should be the stretching on the number of values, right?
However, when I add the color scale, even specifying the list of temperature values i am not bale to get the complete list but only a small part (about the 10% of temperature values).
The same happens if I remove the automatic gm and create a new one using "text from dataset" or similar from a different worksheet in the same project. The only way I came up with is to use custom levels in the range that I'm interested in though this is not accurate because this is just related just to the color.
I tried also looking up online for videos but I was not able to fix my issue.
I hope you can help me with the issue.

Cheers

Origin Version: Origin 2021b
Operating System: Windows 10:

FC
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
YimingChen Posted - 01/18/2024 : 09:37:42 AM
Can you go to the Plot Details dialog? select the first plot on the left panel. On the right panel, go to the Line tab, click the Color dropdown and then select Color Mapping at the bottom right. Then go to the Colormap tab to set the color palette. See if everything returns to normal.

If it is not the issue, would you mind sharing your project here? Thanks.

James

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000