The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 DSC analysis CaCO3 decomposition

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
josecqneto Posted - 01/21/2024 : 2:45:34 PM
Origin Ver. 8
Operating System: Windows 11

Hello,
I have a DSC of the decomposition of CaCO3. There are basically 3 stages of decomp. (water, organic matter and CaCO3 -> CaO+CO2).
I want to calculate the DeltaH of decomposition of the CaCO3.
I have watched many videos online, I studied theory through the book Leng, 2008 to make sure I was good with theory. However, I can't seem to get a plausible value of DeltaH. For reference, I've seen values near 180 J/g or 180 kJ/mol, but I'm getting 12000 J/g.

Can someone please help me understand if I'm doing something wrong here? I'm basically plotting time (s) per heat capacity (heat flux [mW] divided by mass [mg] = J/g.s) and then using peak analyzer to find out the area, which would theoretically be the heat of decomposition.
I'm sending the data in 2 folders. One folder is what I got as a result and another one is the fresh data.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Ovpo7Qu5pV9R8YiRmXbaqtJj_9fgyegx?usp=sharing

Thank you so much!
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Shirley_GZ Posted - 01/22/2024 : 04:04:13 AM
Dear josecqneto,
Origin 8.0 is a very old version, we won't support it anymore.
https://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Support/SupportPolicy

Please let me know if you are using a later version or your Origin is still under maintenance, tell us the serial number.

Thanks,
Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000