The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 No xyz surface fit with error

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rdax Posted - 01/30/2024 : 12:32:27 PM
This origin help page https://www.originlab.com/doc/Quick-Help/Fit-Surface-WithErr explains how to do a nonlinear surface fitting of xyz,w with error bars. I am unable to see the error/weighting. I tried plotting an xyz and xyz with error bar plot and executing the fits on each of those but the results were identical, so the error bars are definitely not automatically being taken into account. I have xyz data with z error, I'd like to take the z error into account when doing the fitting analysis. The graph would be nice but this is not 100% necessary --- fitting straight out of the workbook to generate the report sheets would suffice.

Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro 2024 (64-bit) SR1
10.1.0.178 (Home-use)

Operating System: Windows
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
snowli Posted - 01/30/2024 : 3:27:32 PM
Hello,

Please double check if you did
step 1: move your 3D surface function you desired out of the Surface Fitting category to User Defined category in Fitting Function Organizer

step 2: open Nonlinear Curve Fit toolinstead of Nonlinear surface fit tool.

Thanks, Snow

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000