The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 System Theme for Plots

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mcasaret Posted - 03/20/2024 : 8:34:52 PM
Hi there,

I've set a specific template for plots as my system theme (named "Default"), but when I try and generate new plots they do not conform to the template, even though the plot says it says it's using my system theme (shown in the lower right-hand corner of Origin window).

The main issue is plots will label the x-axis title with an old format I used to use, and now that I wish to use a different format it is not updating for newly generated plots. I've gone into the Preferences>Theme Organizer dialogue to adjust my system theme, and I've also tried saving my active plot as the system theme by right-clicking on the active page and selecting Save Format as Theme.

The only way the system theme is used for new plots is if I generate a blank new plot and open up the Plot Details dialogue. However, if I highlight my X and Y columns and create a plot, the system theme is not utilized, and an older version of the system theme is used. I understand I can still get around this issue, it would just save a lot of time if I could maintain my system theme by highlighting data and generating a plot.

Please advise with any recommendations.

Thank you!
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Shirley_GZ Posted - 03/21/2024 : 05:27:43 AM
Hi mcasaret,
1. Firstly, could you tell me which graph type you are plotting?
2. Have you already saved a user-defined graph template for your graph type?
If you want the system theme to be applied to the graphs(created from the template), you have to check the check box "Allow System Theme&System Increment Lists to Override" in the template_saveas dialog.

3. If you didn't save any user-defined template for this graph type, please send us the theme you saved and sample data to let us check the details. You can find the theme file in user files folder: \User Files\Themes\Graph

Thanks,
Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000