The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 New to Origin, need assistance

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
22feder Posted - 03/24/2024 : 02:09:12 AM
Hello, I've been introduced to this app by my college and have been instructed to group 600 items from a spreadsheet in 20 groups of 30 items each, and to take specific data from them.
I can take the data, I've learned that. Luckily, we were told there was a way not to create 20 different sheets for every group, but they did not specify how and all they said was "Use group statistics".
I've been searching through the options for nearly an hour and haven't found what I was looking for, anyone who could help me out?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
YimingChen Posted - 03/26/2024 : 08:30:05 AM
You could manually add a group column and use the Stats on Columns tool to calculate the statistics of each group. Please refer to the video below.

James
22feder Posted - 03/25/2024 : 6:28:51 PM
Well, I have 600 items in a column and have to divide them in 20 groups of 30 and then take the mean, SD and SE of each group and place them in a new table for comparison.

https://my.originlab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/Images/Shine-Intervals.opj
YimingChen Posted - 03/25/2024 : 08:31:11 AM
Could you be more specific on your question? it would be better to share your project file here. When you mention having 600 items, do you mean 600 rows in the worksheet? And you want to organize the rows into 20 groups? Please clarify. Thank you.

James

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000