The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Grouped stacked column graph

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
eread Posted - 05/09/2024 : 05:52:11 AM
Hello,

I am trying to create a stacked column graph from the data in the attached photo and file.

I want to first group the data by the "Cell" column, and then by the "failure mode". I then want to stack the columns that have different values of "test condition" and the same failure mode, but want the test conditions to show as different colours within the stack. I have attached a photo of a graph that is close to what I am trying to achieve; however, I would like to remove the final grouping (the numbers ranging from 1 - 20 corresponding to the test conditions) and instead stack these columns within the two other groups.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

https://my.originlab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/Images/ForumQuestion_2024-05-09.opju

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eread Posted - 05/21/2024 : 08:43:05 AM
Hi Nicholas,

That's great news, thanks for sharing. I'm happy to see that Origin take a proactive approach to updating features - I'm impressed by how quickly that template has been made available.

Thanks again for your help and work on this.

Elliott
NicholasSupport Posted - 05/20/2024 : 11:48:58 AM
Hello again,

I am back with the update. Users will soon be able to find "Grouped Column with Multiple Panels" in the Template Center.

Once it is uploaded, users search and select it in the Template Library and click "Open Sample" to view the data structure, which was based on the structure of your data on this post.

For now, here is a copy of the file that will be on the Template Library soon.
https://my.originlab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/Images/StackedColMultiP.opju

Best,

Nicholas G.
nicholas@originlab.com
OriginLab Technical Support Team
eread Posted - 05/10/2024 : 03:22:03 AM
Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for your help and thorough explanation. The file and graph that you have attached are exactly what I was looking for.

I also look forward to this functionality being made more accessible in Origin in the future - I'll make sure to keep an eye out for it .

Thanks again,

Elliott
NicholasSupport Posted - 05/09/2024 : 11:53:54 AM
Hello Elliott,

At present, there is not a way to make grouped & stacked column plots directly. However, it is possible to achieve a similar result using the "Multiple Panels by Labels" option in the Plot menu.

I notice some difficulty still arises as it is unclear whether or not there are 4 test conditions applied to each group or if there are 16 unique test conditions.

I am attaching a project file that shows a a multi-panel stacked column plot organized in the way you described. To view the parameters for unstacking your data, go to the sheet titled "UnstackCols1" and click the green lock icon on Column A. Select "Change parameters...".

Similarly, please take a look at the properties of the graph to see how it was set up. If you save the project as a template you could use it for similar data in the future.

https://my.originlab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/Images/ForumQuestion_2024-05-09_mod.opju

We will look into improving Origin for this type of plot in the future.

Best,
Nicholas
Origin Team

Nicholas G.
nicholas@originlab.com
OriginLab Technical Support Team

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000