The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Connectivity issues with the database with 2FA

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
vladyslav_neshta Posted - 06/03/2024 : 11:28:38 AM
Hello!

I have an issue accesing database data after establishing a connection. Our database has 2FA, so upon establishing a database connection we are required to login in the popup window, and I cannot pre-save the login and password. The issue in Origin in particular is that it requires me to login every time I run the query through labtalk script, even if the connection is saved to the worksheet and remains open.
My code is dbEdit iw:=[WKBname]sheetname! execute:=change sql:="new query"; so, i don't close/reopen the connection.
It also requires re-login every time i open SQl editor. This also doesn’t happen in other softwares, as long as we don’t time-out the connection, it will stay open throughout the day.
Can anyone please help me with how this could be addressed? i need to frequently access the database data, and the script i created would dramatically speed things up for me, if i don't have to log in every minute

Thanks in adnvace!

Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin 2023 (64-bit)
Operating System:Windows 10
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
snowli Posted - 06/04/2024 : 09:08:38 AM
Hello,

Thank you for your patience. We jiraed IT-604 to look into this.

Thanks, Snow
aplotnikov Posted - 06/03/2024 : 5:57:19 PM
quote:
I cannot pre-save the login and password

Does it mean that the "User ID" and "Password" values from the connection string are ignored?

strConn$ = "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Password=mypassword;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=myUID;Initial Catalog=myInitCat;Data Source=myDataSrc;Packet Size=4096"

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000