The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 creating a non linear Z-Axis for 3D Waterfall plot

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
AimHere Posted - 06/10/2024 : 11:01:51 AM

Hello Community,
first time poster. I am working on origin 2024b
I am trying to do a special 3D waterfall plot where i plot a dataset of UV/Vis-spectra coupled to an applied potential. X is wavenumber in nm, Y is absorbance in a. u. and z is the applied potential (V) for a specific UV/Vis-spectra.
I've managed to import my data already in the correct format, where the potential is importet as a parameter for each UV/Vis dataset (Y-Axis). If i select my whole column and select 3d waterfal plot origin manages to recognize everything as it should: X= wavelength, y = absorbance and z is plotted as the potential value. So far so good.

Here's my problem:
I've conducted coupled UV/Vis-Cyclovoltammetrie where i start form an upper value (here -1 V), scan to a lower value (here -2,1 V) and then reverse the scan direction landing at -1 V again.Therefore i have two sets of UV/Vis spectra for each datapoint between -1 and -2,1 V. My Z-axis is scaled linear from -1 to -2,1 V which means my 3d plot is folded like a paper. I basically need to add a second z-axis from -2,1 to -1 V again to accound for the forward and backward scan.

I cannot find a solution where i can scale my z-axis from -1 to -2,1 V and back to -1 V again. Has an1 here experience with this and give a solution or workaround to this kind of problem?
Thanks in advance.

Greetings,
Aim

Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ChaoC Posted - 06/10/2024 : 12:00:08 PM
Hello,

You can try using the Hysteresis app to split the scan into forward and backward datasets: https://www.originlab.com/fileExchange/details.aspx?fid=264

For the axis, I set a break and used a different axis label after the break.
See the attached project file:
https://my.originlab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/Images/48358.opju

Best,
Chao

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000