The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 marginal box charts not updating after changing ti

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
msarrias Posted - 06/13/2024 : 02:13:23 AM
Hi, I'm trying to plot some data using the marginal box charts and when I change the x and y axis to logscale only the box chart in the y axis gets updated. Any idea on how to address this?

Marina
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
NicholasSupport Posted - 06/13/2024 : 10:11:45 AM
Hello Marina,

The issue you are experiencing is because the horizontal box plot in the upper margin technically has its axes' exchanged. (If you want to see what I mean, click on the horizontal box plot, then click the menu item Graph: Exchange X-Y Axes. It no longer is properly oriented. Click 'Exchange X-Y Axes' again to return to normal.)

In order to fix this issue, double click on the horizontal box plot to bring up Plot Details of Layer 2. In the [Link Axes Scales] tab, navigate to the Y Axis Link panel, select the "Custom" option, and then set "Y1 = " --> X1 and "Y2 = " --> X2. Your settings should look like the image below. Click OK.

Next, double click on your Y axis to open Axis Details. In the bottom left of this window, use the drop-down menu to select Layer 2. Navigate to the Scale tab and set "Type" --> Log10. Click OK.

We appreciate you reaching out about this. I have brought this to the attention of the developers to see if we can update the default settings of Marginal Box Charts so users do not experience this issue in the future. The Jira reference is ORG-29289. For now, I hope these instructions solve any issues for your graph.

Please let me know if there is anything I can further assist with.

Best,

Nicholas G.
nicholas@originlab.com
OriginLab Technical Support Team
msarrias Posted - 06/13/2024 : 02:16:53 AM

Marina

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000