The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Turning off data connectors

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
msherlock Posted - 06/29/2024 : 10:34:39 PM
Hi,

I am used to previous versions of Origin. I spend most of my time reading in csv files (via ctrl+k) and plotting 2D data.
It seems that has become more difficult in Origin2024b. Each time I read in a file with ctrl+k, there now appears a data connector symbol. As I understand it, this prevents me from saving the data when I save the project (which is not what I'd like). It also seems to prevent me from reading in a new data file into the current worksheet. When I ctrl+k Origin warns me the book already has a data connector and I have to remove it, so I remove the data connector and hit Yes at the question. Then I'm able to read in the next file, but the data connector appears again. So I have to repeat this process.

It seems the solution is to go to Preferences->System variables and set DDC to -1. I have done this and restarted Origin, but the problem persists. I have also tried setting IPDC to 0, but that doesn't help either. Is there a better solution?

Thanks for any help.

Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 2024b 10.1.5.132
Operating System:win11
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
snowli Posted - 07/02/2024 : 10:45:41 AM
Great.

I also updated this FAQ to include this info.
https://www.originlab.com/doc/Quick-Help/Data-Connector-Difference-Import-From-File

Thanks, Snow
msherlock Posted - 06/30/2024 : 3:47:25 PM
Thank you Snow! I confirm TIB=1 has solved the issue.
snowli Posted - 06/30/2024 : 12:11:59 PM
Hello,
To change default Import Single ASCII toolbar button (Ctrl+K) behavior, please set system variables TIB to be 1 in Preferences->System variables dialog.

See more info. on
https://www.originlab.com/doc/en/LabTalk/ref/sys-var-list

Thanks, Snow

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000