The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Edits in worksheet not reflected in graph?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jade-skky Posted - 09/18/2024 : 12:34:32 PM
Hello,

I've been using Origin a long time, but I just got a new work computer and with it came OriginPro 2024.

I imported multiple .txt files as individual worksheets. Then I sorted the columns I wanted to plot (because the instrument that output the data has one datapoint out of sequence). However, this change isn't reflected when I create a Graph. So the one point still appears out of sequence and created an annoying discontinuity when I use a Line + Symbol plot. I tried a lot of searching on the web to no avail.

Why is the changes in a worksheet not reflected in my Graph and how do I fix it?

Thanks!

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
NicholasSupport Posted - 09/20/2024 : 10:31:59 AM
Hi Ashley,

Thank you for sharing the data via email. You are correct in thinking that the graphs should automatically update when their source data is changed in a worksheet.

The project file you sent me has many workbooks with similar names, which can make it tricky to find the right sheet and column that a graph is using.

To quickly find a plot's source data, select the plot with a single click (in the graph itself or from the Object Manager) and select "Go to [Book]Sheet!#------------#". This activates the source workbook and highlights the correct column.

If you try this method of locating the source column, then make your changes to the order of the data, you should find it is automatically reflected in the graph.

Let me know if this is not the case.

Best,

Nicholas G.
nicholas@originlab.com
OriginLab Technical Support Team
NicholasSupport Posted - 09/18/2024 : 2:43:26 PM
Hello Ashley,

We are happy to hear you are a long time user and I am sorry you are having some frustration with the new setup. Thank you for reaching out.

I need some more information in order to find the best solution. Could you send me your project file (.opju) along with the source file of the data?

Then we will try to figure it out.

P.S. Sometimes you must first make a .zip folder before uploading to this website.

Best,

Nicholas G.
nicholas@originlab.com
OriginLab Technical Support Team

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000