The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Origin 8 ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
amorris Posted - 11/15/2006 : 12:18:34 PM
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 7.5sr6
Operating System: winXP/suse 10.1 via crossover office (works ok, but not perfect).

Hi everyone,

My student version of origin is just about to expire and I was wondering if it was worth waiting a little bit before renewing my license. Is a new version just around the corner? If not, will we be able to upgrade when it does come around?

Thanks!

P.S. I know that you origin folk have said many times that a Linux version was not coming any time soon, however I'd just like to prod you once again... There just isn't anything comparable to Origin on Linux (that I know of), and since a lot of the scientific community uses some sort 'nix, it just seems that there would be quite a lot of demand for a Linux version. I think that Linux+Origin would be awesome!

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Barb Tobias Posted - 10/07/2008 : 2:29:13 PM

Thank you for contacting us about purchasing the Student Version.

Please discuss this issue directly with your Origin representative for New Zealand, Hearne Scientific Software.

Origin distributors establish the criteria they will use for selling the student version in the countries they represent.

Origin distributor contact information can be found at this location:
http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?s=1&lm=122

Barb Tobias
OriginLab Technical Support
leeyat Posted - 10/05/2008 : 4:57:24 PM
Hi there
My student version will expire very soon. However, I cannot renew it as the suppliers are advised that Origin Student is now only available for sale in the US and Canada. I'm in NZ. Is there any ways I can continue using OriginPro 7.5 student version? I desperately need to use it for my analysis
Thank you
Barb Tobias Posted - 11/15/2006 : 1:06:05 PM

Thanks for posting about this issue.

The next version of Origin, version 8, is not due out till later next year. So I suggest not waiting for this version.

The Student Version is a very low cost product provided only to students. Because of the low cost, its license file is time limited, and it is not upgradable to the next version.

For all 7.5 Student Version users ...
When your Student Version approaches its expiration date, if you want to keep using the Student Version, then you need to purchase the Student Version again, such as from OriginLab's online store.
Since the Student Version is still version 7.5, that is what you will be re-purchasing. You will, however, be issued a new serial number for the new purchase, along with instructions on how to update your existing Origin Student Version installation with the new serial number.

Barb Tobias
OriginLab Technical Services

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000